Today we have a free pattern for a crochet change purse by Lubna from A Crafty Homemaker. The finished size makes it great for keeping coins and other small items such as keys. It’s the perfect size for trips when you don’t have room for a big purse. Or, keep the small things handy and organized in your big purse.
It’s a stylish little pouch and I especially love the pretty edging around the flap. Best of all, Lubna was kind enough to give us step-by-step pictures to make this a breeze for anyone to whip up.
Crochet Change Purse
This little wallet is perfect to store your cash and change when you head outdoors. Stuff it in your handbag or your jeans pocket – it fits everywhere. And the best part – it takes less than an hour to make it ( unless you have a toddler tugging at you every five minutes
Worsted Weight Yarn in two colors ( I used Excel Soft Yarns in Mustard and White)
5 mm Crochet Hook
A cute button
Needle ( to weave in ends)
Finished Size: 14cm x 8cm (5.5″ by 3.25″)
Stitches to know with abbreviations:
Ch – chain stitch
Dc – double crochet stitch
Puff stitch – 3 dc in space. Put hook into the top st of 1st and 3rd dc. Yarn over and pull through both the loops.
With mustard colored yarn:
1. Ch 37.
2. Dc in third chain from hook. Dc in each of the chain stitches till the end. 5 dc in the last chain. Continue dc on the other side till the end. ( 73 dc)
3. Turn. Ch 2. Dc in the first dc of the previous line. Continue till the last stitch. ( 35 dc) 2 dc in the next st, 3 dc in the center st, 2 dc in the next.
Dc again till the end (35 dc) [ A total of 77 dc in this line]
4. Turn. Ch 2. Dc in each of the stitch till the end ( 35 dc). * 2 dc in each stitch * 3 times , 1 dc , **2 dc in each stitch ** 3 times . Dc till the end. [ A total of 83 dc in this line]
5. Turn. Ch 2. Dc in each stitch till end ( 35 dc) * 2 dc in the next st, 1 dc* 3 times , 1 dc , ** 1dc, 2 dc in the next** 3 times. Dc till the end of line. [ A total of 89 dc]
6. Turn. Ch 2. Dc in each stitch till end of line ( 35 dc) * Ch 1, skip 1 st, 1 dc in the next * 10 times. Continue dc till the end.
Join the white yarn.
7. Ch 2. Dc in each stitch (35 dc). * Puff stitch in space, ch 2 * 10 times. Continue dc till the end.
Fasten off and weave in ends with a needle.
Now fold the wallet to make a pouch and sew the sides with white colored yarn. Attach a button to open and close the wallet.
About the Designer:
An enthusiastic Homemaker with a strong passion for crafts, sewing, crocheting and cooking!