This easy crochet fingerless gloves pattern provides instructions for both the left and right hand. This way the seam is always invisible on the inside of the hand. It is given to fit one size, however, it can be modified in a multiple of two.
These gloves are great for adding a little extra warmth while typing, texting and/or during other activities where you’d like to have your fingers and thumbs free. They are perfect for your spring and fall walks when the weather is cool and you need a little something extra to keep you warm.
This free pattern works up quick and doesn’t require much yarn, making it the perfect crochet project for gifts or for selling at craft fairs. Other free crochet patterns using this stitch pattern include this hat, cowl and this earwarmer pattern.
The Stitch Pattern
This pattern uses a combination of basic crochet stitches to create a nice texture on the gloves from start to finish. It is perfect for beginners who are comfortable with working into the back loops only, skipping stitches, and working multiple stitches into the same stitch.
It is started off with a rib stitch for a snug fit around the wrists. The ribbed stitch is worked simply with single crochets in the back loops.
Then a round of textures using the single and triple crochet stitches to mimic small beads. The stitches are worked with both the single and triple crochet in one stitch. Then to maintain the correct stitch count, the next stitch is skipped.
For the main body of the glove pattern the seed stitch is worked using the single crochet and double crochet stitches. Another round of textures is worked in the same round as the thumb opening.
The pattern is given in one size, small adult/teen with a circumference of 6.5 Inches.
The pattern can be adjusted in a size in a simple multiple of two. You could also try by switching up your yarn and crochet hook size. A slightly thicker yarn and hook will result in a slightly larger size.
Anything soft! I chose Paton’s Canadiana, a medium #4 worsted weight yarn. It’s a soft yarn, which makes it ideal for something that you’d wear on your hands. But you can choose anything else that meets the gauge.
See More Fingerless Gloves Crochet Patterns
- Free Crochet Fingerless Gloves Patterns
- Blossom Fingerless Gloves Crochet Pattern
- Criss Cross Fingerless Gloves Crochet Pattern
- Charisma Crochet Easy Fingerless Gloves
- Any Size Fingerless Crochet Gloves
Easy Crochet Fingerless Gloves Pattern
- Yarn: Patons Canadiana (Worsted Weight (#4) – 100% acrylic, 100g /3.5oz) – 2 balls – CA = Dark Green Tea, CB = Cherished Green
- Crochet Hook: H/8-5.00mm
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Gauge: 7 sts = 2".
- Finished Size: Laying flat they measure 3.25" across by 6" long.
- Work instructions within parenthesis into one stitch as directed.
- Carry unused yarn up at each round.
- Pattern is given for left and right hand so that the seam falls on the inside of hand. Special changes for each hand are given in Rnd 10.
- Row 1: With CA, Ch 11, sc in 2nd ch from hook and into each ch across. Turn. [10 sts]
- Rows 2-24: Ch 1, blsc in each sc across. Turn. [10 sts] Continue this row until you have reached a desired circumference making sure to end in an even number of rows.
- Ch 1 and join the ribbing rows by slip stitching the last row to the free loops of starting chs.
Working in the Round
- Rnd 1: With CA, Ch 1, sc into first row end and each row end around; join with sl st in first sc. [24 sts]
- Rnd 2: Ch 1, (sc, tr) into same st as join, *sk next st, (sc, tr) into next st; rep from * around; join with sl st in first sc. [24 sts]
- Rnd 3: Ch 1, sc in same st as join and into each st around; join with sl st in first sc. [24 sts]
- Rnd 4: With CB, Ch 1, (sc, dc) into same st as join, *sk next st, (sc, dc) into next st; rep from * around; join with sl st in first sc. [24 sts]
- Rnds 5-8: With CB, Rep Rnd 4.
- Rnd 9: With CA, Ch 1, sc in same st as join and into each st around; join with sl st in first sc. [24 sts]
- Rnd 10 for Left Thumb: Ch 1, (sc, tr) into same st as join, ch 4, sk next 5 sts, (sc, tr) in next st, *sk next st, (sc, tr) into next st; rep from * around; join with sl st in first sc. [20 sts and 1 ch-4 sp]
- Rnd 10 for Right Thumb: Ch 1, (sc, tr) into same st as join, *sk next st, (sc, tr) into next st; rep from * 8 times; ch 4, sk next 5 sts, (sc, tr) in next st; join with sl st in first sc. [20 sts and 1 ch-4 sp]
- Rnd 11: Ch 1, sc in same st as join and into each st and ch around; join with sl st in first sc. [24 sts]
- Rnds 12-14: With CB, Rep Rnd 4. Fasten Off.