Here is my free crochet pattern for a bathroom hand soap cozy. It’s great if you don’t have one of them high-class containers for your bathroom hand soap as it hides the store-bought bottle. Not only that, but it also adds to the decor especially if you have other crocheted items in the bathroom. It’s a great way to add your personal touch.
This cozy is crocheted from the bottom up. I realized after I wrote the original pattern that it might have been better to work it from the top down and leave the bottom open. But, I improvised and added a string to the top in order to close it up nice and tight.
I used Bernat Handicrafter Cotton, because that is readily available in my local yarn stores, and it’s become my favorite go-to cotton over the years! Any similar cotton such as Lily Sugar N Cream will work just as well.
Special Stitch Instructions:
Puff St: Ch 2, (Yo, insert hk in st or sp indicated, yo and pull through) 2 times, 5 lps on hook, yo and pull through all 5 lps, ch 1.
Some Images to Show How to Work Into Ch-2 Sp of Puff St:
Puff Stitch Hand Soap Cozy
- Yarn: Bernat Handicrafter Cotton Medium weight #4, 100% cotton yarn.
- Crochet Hook: H/8-5.00mm
- Other: Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Gauge: 2" over 2 puff sts and over 5 rnds.
- Finished Size: Fits a soap bottle with a 2.5" diameter.
Special Stitch Instructions
- Puff St: Ch 2, (Yo, insert hk in st or sp indicated, yo and pull through) 2 times, 5 lps on hook, yo and pull through all 5 lps, ch 1.
- Rnd 1: Ch 2, work 6 sc into 2nd ch from hk; do not join but continue to work in a continuous rnd. Place st marker in last st made of each rnd in order to keep track. (6 sts)
- Rnd 2: Work 2 sc in each st around. (12 sts)
- Rnd 3: (Sc in next st, 2 sc in next st) around. (18 sts)
- Rnd 4: (Sc in next 2 sts, 2 sc in next st) around. (24 sts)
- Rnd 5: Sc in next st, 2 sc in next st, (sc in next 3 sts, 2 sc in next st) 5 times, sc in last 2 sts. (30 sts)
- Rnd 6: Sc in each st around.
- Rnd 7: Sl st into next st, Ch 1, sc in same st, ch 2, *sk next 2 sts, sc in next st, ch 2; rep from * around to last 2 sts, sk last 2 sts, join with sl st to first sc. (10 ch-2 sps)
- Rnd 8: Sl st into first ch-2 sp, work puff st in same sp, *sl st into next ch-2 sp, work puff st in same sp; rep from * around. (10 puff sts)
- Rnds 9-17: *Sl st into ch-2 sp of next puff st, work puff st in same sp; rep from * around.
- Rnd 18: Sl st into ch-2 sp of next puff st, ch 1, sc in same sp, ch 2, *sc in ch-2 sp of next puff st, ch 2; rep from * around; join with sl st to first sc.
- Rnd 19: Same as rnd 8. FO.
- Ch 50 (you can always do more if you want a longer string), FO. Weave into the ch-2 sp of rnd 18.